Thursday, May 01, 2008

Drug Companies!!!!

So I was supposed to get my drugs yesterday, and not that I was waiting around for them, but I was keeping my eye out because they are delivered in a refrigerated box and I have to get them from box to fridge ASAP. The past three times that I have gotten medication from this pharmacy they have been dropped off by Fed-Ex with no incident and really I have had little contact with them because I just haven't had any reason. Well yesterday came and went and no drugs so this morning at 8:30am I called them to let them know and to see what the big hold up was.

First problem, after discussing my order with me for 30 minutes on Tuesday the "order placing" lady decided not to enter my new address and phone number into the computer, why bother?! So apparently the drug company had been trying to contact me since Tuesday night with no luck. Of course it was put to me this way, "Well your phone has been disconnected so we couldn't get a hold of you"! (Say that with a bitchy tone and you catch my drift.) After I told the new order taking lady that I had a new number she explained to me that they can't ship orders that haven't been paid for, so again I asked, why hadn't the lady on the phone told me that Tuesday. Well she said, she wasn't a member of the billing department.

WHAT THE #$%^!!!

Thank GOD I'm not dying and dependant on this medication to live, really and truly THANK GOD!!

So I asked this lady exactly what was the point of being on the phone for 30 minutes with this lady on Tuesday if she couldn't enter in my new information or pass along the fact that I owed co-pays on my medication. "She was just confirming your order".

A 30 minute confirmation.....am I stupid? Plus as the conversation was going on I realized that she had called me on Tuesday, at my house, with my new phone number?! How had she gotten my new number and then somehow lost it? Plus I had been told that my order would arrive Wednesday by Fed-Ex and I had to give permission that if I wasn't at home that they could leave the medication on my porch. Was that too all part of confirming my order?

Basically for about 30 minutes this morning I lost my mind. I was cursing those "stupid Floridans", the pharmacy is in Florida, and wondering why competent, English speaking people are never on the other line when you need them! (I didn't actually say any of this to the lady on the phone.) Katie was sitting in the corner reading books, giving me stares and basically ignoring me; she knew I was crazy. I'm better now, or at least I will until tomorrow when and if my order shows up. If it doesn't show up I'M DRIVING TO FLORIDA!!!

(She knows when I need a smile!!!)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: