Tuesday, October 09, 2007

11 Months Old!!

It's so crazy how fast time really does fly by; I can't believe that I'm planning a 1st Birthday party already! Yesterday Katie was 11 months old and to celebrate she learned how to open my kitchen cabinets , hooray! We are on the verge of stage 2 baby proofing, kitchen cabinet locks and door handle locks because she is not only figuring out how to open things she is also starting to walk. For about a week now she has been taking a step or two a day but now she is taking it up a notch with 4 or 5 steps at a time, she took 7 steps at about 3:30pm. From what everyone keeps telling me I'm assuming in a week or two I will have a full fledged walker on my hands! We are also still working on the sippy cup, she is supposed to be using it all of the time now but all she wants to do is chew on the nipple/spout thing. Who knows. She also still can't clap or wave goodbye but I was thinking about it today and I don't think we have been showing her how to do it that much, so I guess that's our fault. She can however "moo" like a cow, say "hi" and when she sees the cat she says "gitty". (we're getting closer on that one) Katie is still a happy baby and other than the aforementioned things, she is developing skills right on schedule, you would never guess she was a preemie. Ok well gotta go chase a baby!!!


No comments: