Monday, September 25, 2006

Update at 27 Weeks


Nat and I have just returned from another awesome ultrasound and first news first, Katie is still a girl; I admit I was a little worried about that one. I know it doesn't happen to often but sometimes those little buggers change sexes on you and the good Lord only knows that we have enough pink stuff in this house already, we would have been in trouble!!

On with the good news. Katie's approximate weight is 2.8 lbs. which the doctor said puts her on course to be a "medium" sized baby, about 8 lbs. at birth. I'll be very, very happy with those results but we seem to make bigger sized babies than that in our family so I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic. Also after further review Katie's cord situation doesn't seem to require a label anymore, her cord was being called "velementous" or attached at the side, but now it appears to be only slightly off centered so they are stripping her of her label. (this is a very good thing!!) They are still going to require us to have weekly stress tests at 34 weeks, but the chances of her having any problems with the test just dropped consiterably, also lessening the chances of me needing a c-section. YAY!!!

In stupid news it looks like I have gestational diabetes, boo!! I had my glucose tolerance test on Saturday and my results came in this morning, to be considered diabetic you have to be above 140 mg/dl and I was at 183 mg/dl. I won't be offically diabetic until after my next test, which I'm waiting to schedule, which is another fasting test but instead of drinking the Sunkist tasting drink and waiting an hour for a blood test I now have to get a blood test done every hour for three hours. To be honest I could care less how much blood they take from me, it's the not eating after midnight and then not being able to eat for three hours that scares me, I don't know if I can make it that long?!

Ok well that's it from our camp. Mama and baby are looking good, feeling good, and excited about all of our great news. I posted some pictures below from our ultrasound today and yes she has her mother's giant feet, no need to pass that one back to me!

Have a Good Week!!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: