Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Big Girl

Last night with Grandma and Grandpa Burt as witnesses I was 8 lb. 15 oz., almost a 9 pound baby. I now understand how I broke my mothers tail bone when she delivered me, I was 9 lbs. 5 oz. at birth, and Katie is weighing me down. It's funny where she is gaining weight too, she has multiple chins and sausage fingers but her pants are still too big, so no budda belly just yet.
Also Katie has just begun smiling at me, last night she did it once and so far today she has smiled at me four times. The catch with the smiling is to get her attention as soon as she wakes up but before she realizes that she's hungry, at that point she just gets ticked that there isn't a bottle in her face. Finicky little lady.
This is Katie's prefered method of sitting with me, cradled between my crossed legs. In this picture she is watching "Murder She Wrote", I think she likes to see all of the colors change on the TV. In my own defense I don't stick her in front of the TV all day, but when she is going crazy it does seem to calm her down momentarily, enough that she will then get down on the floor and play with me. (She can now do push ups during tummy time, strong little bugger!!)

No comments: