Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Morning Fun!

It has taken a while but within the past two days Katie has decided to begin exploring the stairs. Until now she has largely ignored them, or only gone up one stair and turned around and come back down, now it's up, up and away! It's not so much climbing up that causes problems as much as the coming down!

These pictures were all taken around 8:30am, when Katie decided to climb up three stairs to where I had placed some hair bows. She very much loves the bows so she had to climb up to get them and once she was up she judged the going down incorrectly and it was a quick decent. Kate knows to get on her butt and slide down the steps but that final step is always a doozie and somehow she lands on her back? (can't figure it out) Oh and the best part is while she was lying on her back crying, she was trying to give me her hair bow so I could put it in her hair; these pictures were taken after the fall. (Quick recovery as long as Mickey's on TV!)

And just so everybody doesn't think I'm a horrible parent, I was cleaning off her highchair from breakfast and in my defense I thought she was playing with her scooter in the hallway by the front door. I guess it's time to start gating the stairs!!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: