Thursday, April 01, 2010

Sorry, it's been a while!

We have been BUSY since my last post, busy with a sick kid and busy with birthday's! Katie started getting sick about a week ago, first it was allergies, then we think she picked up a cold from somewhere and finally by this past Monday she had a full blown sinus infection. Unfortunately the worst part about her being sick is that she is coughing all night long, waking us all up and sometimes even getting sick from the coughing. I think we have finally turned the corner though, last night she slept almost a full 12 hours and even though she was coughing she didn't wake herself up (YAY!).

On with the pictures. The above picture is of some bunny cupcakes that my Mom made for the kids for Easter. We celebrated Easter two weeks early with them since they are headed to North Carolina to spend Easter with my sister Sarah. The cupcakes were adorable and as you can see from the pictures below, the kids LOVED them!
Yum.
The sign of a contented child, mushed cupcake!
We also celebrated my Mother's birthday with pizza on her birthday, she and my dad were supposed to head out for a nice dinner but he was called away at the last minute for work. I wish I had better or more appropriate pictures from her birthday to share, but somehow this was the beautiful shot I have to commemorate the occasion? Who knows?
Finally with the nice weather and a kid on the mend we were able to take in the beautiful weather, it's supposed to be gorgeous all throughout the Easter weekend!
Maddux came over to play for a little bit, can you tell he was painting right before he came over?
I had to take some glamour shots of Katie in her sweet outfit, pajama top, underware, tutu and rain boots........lookin' good!
I was trying to get a "woo-hoo" out of her and this is what I ended up with!
Two weekends ago, yes I am really that far behind, we also celebrated Grandpa Burt's birthday. I love this picture of Katie and her Grandpa, she always has so much fun with him!
Katie helping Grandpa blow out his birthday candles.
Everybody watching Katie play ladder ball, go Kate!
Getting the thumbs up job well done from Grandpa!

No comments: