Thursday, March 23, 2006

Too Much To Do

We have been extremely busy here, so once again I have to go on the defense and apologize for the length between writings. I am going to try to explain everything that is going on here but in a nutshell, how did I get in such a nut? (bonus points if you can name that movie), we are most likely moving again! I know what you are thinking, "didn't those weirdos just move two years ago?". Yes, yes, us weirdos did just move here, two years ago in May, but as fate would have it we fell for a house right down the street!

The house we have put under contract, yes we have moved that fast, is a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath ranch style home with an unfinished walk-out basement. From our current bedroom you can see the back of the house, it's about 2 blocks down the road. It was built about the same time as our town home, 2004, and at 2100 sq. Feet it is actually a little smaller than our current house. Ok so now you are thinking we have lost it, and I would for the most part agree, but this house is designed with no wasted space so 2100 sq. Ft. feels larger. The house consists of the rooms mentioned above, a large dining room, a great room, and eat-in kitchen. Oh did I mention, we would finally have a garage, hallelujah!! Both Nat and I agree that the house is small, but efficient and with 2000 sq. Feet of unfinished basement the room to expand is there in spades.

Finding a new house was easy and fun, now comes the hard part, selling our house. Ugh. Surely there must be no greater evil than putting your house on the market, keeping it spotless, and then waiting for someone to buy it. Everything the cat has is now relegated to the basement, I refuse to cook anything with more than five ingredients (too messy), and keeping the bathroom hairless (my fault, I married an Italian!!) has become my obsession. So I have all of this and, oh yeah, I'm going through my last IVF cycle. Hehe!

Yep, started my shots 12 days ago and so far I think I have been doing pretty well. I have been off a little on my sleep and I am tired a lot, but compared to the first two trips down this path, Im doing A-Ok. (No hot flashes!!) Tomorrow night I begin my Follistim, which is the medication that stimulates my ovaries to produce numerous follicles. Once the Follistim begins to work I will become increasingly uncomfortable, which is also about the time they decide I should have bloodwork and ultrasounds every two days. Weird huh? As of right now I am scheduled for my retrieval between April 2nd-4th and the transfer the 5th-7th, so we are coming up on this last try rather quickly.

Yes, I am excited about this try, 3rd times a charm! Unfortunately I am also being realistic, so I am still looking into adopting. Nat and I have both come to accept our situation and not look at it as a burden, or cross to bear, rather a path to parenthood that most don't have the opportunity to appreciate. We know that eventuality of parenthood is right around the corner, which makes this final attempt so exciting and nervewracking. I am trying to stay calm and this moving thing is actually helping take my mind off of the shots and tiredness. I still can't believe that this is it though, two years of infertility treatment boil down to this one last attempt. In most ways I am ready for it to end, I just won't know to what degree until it is truly final. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Well that's it from me, I have to get moving on my day. I just wanted to give you all a quick, but lenghty, update on the situation here. Now that I am grounded for the next two weeks I should be updating a little more frequently, suggestion not promising. Enjoy the rest of the week and if you are in the area and looking for a great town house, we will be open Saturday and Sunday 1-4pm.!!

Final Note:
Happy Birthday's (belated to some)

Emma Marie Becker turned 1 whole year old on March 9th!!!
My father-in law Brooke had a birthday on March 21st!!
Last but not least my mother Connie Sylvanus has a birthday tomorrow, March 24th!!

No comments: