Monday, May 01, 2006

Feeling strange......

This past Saturday evening Nat's company had their 10-year Anniversary party at the Centre Club on the 16th floor of the Legg Mason building in Baltimore. We were so excited because we had heard there would be an awesome view but we got a bonus surprise when we learned that the 5th leg of the Volvo Ocean Race was ending that day in Baltimore. If you click on the picture you can get a larger view of the Waterfront Festival and the sailboats, the 3rd boat from the right is the Black Pearl, the Pirates of The Caribbean ship owned by Disney. (I think, Karen can tell me what I missed here!)

Anyhow the party was a lot of fun, the view was fantastic and at the end of the night the company handed the keys to a new 2006 Ford Mustang GT over to one lucky employee, and no it wasn't us, although if you would have asked Nat we were definitely walking away with those keys. The woman that won the car is a receptionist at his company and she is such a nice person that we were almost thankful that she won instead of us, she was there with her father and uncle who were in the same state of shock and amazement as she was. It was pretty cool!

To change the conversation I am beginning to really believe this whole pregnancy thing. It has taken some time to come to grips with it, believe that it's really happening, but when the nausea begins, it's real. Over the course of the past 48 hours it has been slowly creeping in, a little here and a little there. Nothing too bad yet, but I'm packing crackers wherever I go. Last night around 3am I was up for one of my nightly bathroom trips and man was my stomach ever going nuts, I felt like I was on one of those sailboats in choppy water! Fortunately I forced a few crackers down and was able to fall back to sleep but I have a feeling that wasn't a random event. Right now I am trying to figure out what to eat for lunch and my stomach is wanting none of anything, I need some advice here!!

Ok well I am going down to rummage through the cupboard and hopefully find something that will calm the beast within. I'll be back on Wednesday to update you all on our first pre-natal visit, talk to you soon!!!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: