Tuesday, July 25, 2006

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Introducing Katherine (no middle name yet?!) Burt!! Katherine is a name that runs all through Nat's paternal side of the family and it was a name that we really liked the nickname, Katie. Nat also happens to have two first cousins named Katie, one a Kaitlyn the other a Kathryn, so she will be a bit different. Plus even though she bothered her big sister and I growing up, Katie Tillotson always cracked me up and I think she is the reason I always liked the name. So Katie Burt she is and hopefully she will make her grand apperance right around Christmastime.

The ultrasound yesterday was awesome, no other way to describe it. We were able to see her heart pumping blood in and out, we saw her stomach, kidneys, the lobes of her brain and almost all of her skeletal structure. We learned that she is now 9 oz. and she has nice long legs, that's what the ultrasound tech. told us! We also learned that the hemorrhage that has kept me on my butt for 8 weeks has gone away, yippie!!, so hopefully after my visit with my OB on Friday I will be allowed to get movin'!

All in all it has been a very exciting 24 hours for us. We are so happy that Katie is healthy and growing and although Nat was expecting a boy, don't know why, he was already imagining her as a fighter pilot and space ship captain before we left the doctors office.

Ok well mark October 15th on your calendars, that's going to be baby shower day. I still need some addresses, you know who you are, so let me know so I can let my sisters know. Have a good week and hopefully soon we will have a middle name to share with you!

No comments: