Friday, June 06, 2008

Egg Retreival Day

Good Friday morning to you all. It's 6:22am here in York and I am sitting in bed pondering my anxiety and confirming my insanity. You see in about 3 hours I will be under anesthesia, at the Fertility Center, going through yet another egg retrieval in the hopes that I might have just one more shot at motherhood. Sure, it doesn't sound too bad, but I'm currently laden with 20 eggs, 13 pulling my right ovary down toward my hip and 7 gently tugging lefty as to remind me that favoring my left side isn't exactly comfortable either. I still can't believe that I'm doing this again, I can't believe I talked myself into doing it again.

So here we are, I'm once again wrapped up in all things fertility related. All of my shots are complete, no bruises and no bad reactions, but now begins the dreaded 2 week wait to see how things play out. I will have my retrieval this morning at 10 am, the eggs will be immediately fertilized and on Wednesday, God willing, I will have two 5-day old embryos to transfer back into my hormonal, bloated body. I am excited all over again, nervous about the outcome and a bit scared that I might not get what I want. I will keep you all posted on my progress and the progress of my embryos.........As always your thoughts and prayers are GREATLY appreciated!!!

Wish me luck!!!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: