Sunday, December 13, 2009

New York City!

Yesterday I boarded a bus at 6pm to spend the day in New York City with some of my girlfriends and it was a blast! We got to New York around 11am and took off for lunch at Tony's Di Napoli, right off of Time Square, for a huge lunch. Luckily Abbey, one of the girls on the trip, goes up to NYC a lot so she knew the best places to eat and the fastest way to get everywhere.
Our group, Myra, Heather, Me, Shawn, Abbey and Joell. All of us, with the exception of Joell, graduated from high school together!
Our LUNCH! We had spaghetti and meatballs, chicken parmesan, and rigatoni with vodka sauce and let me just say WOW, it was so amazing! I did speak up for Grandma Lucia's meatballs though and told the waiter that hers were just as good or better, he was impressed!
Heather stopped for a picture with Elmo and the Cookie Monster, that's how you score brownie points with your 2 year-old son!
The tree at Rockefeller Center.
Radio City Music Hall.
Abbey had gotten us all tickets to see the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall and I was blown away just walking into the building. The picture above is the gorgeous Swavorski crystal chandelier that hangs in the entry way, what a way to make a first impression!
The stage with two organ players on either side.
The Rockettes' dressed as Toy Soldiers.
This was so neat, the women lined up and linked arms, and one by one the fell backwards into each other.
The last one to fall fell onto a big red pillow!
The live Nativity scene, again it was breathtaking.
My one and only picture of the famous kick line, I swear I have over a dozen pictures of the Rockettes' not kicking.............I guess I have really bad timing!
The end of the show.
The tree at Rockefeller Center at night.
We made a quick stop inside the NBC studio store and I thought this was cute, the logo filled with M&M's.


The picture below is my friend Shawn with Spider Man, again trying to score points with her 3 year old son............weird looking Spider Man huh?! When in New York!!

No comments: