Friday, September 28, 2007

Miracles



It has been a rough day or two around here learning how to rationalize the death of a 34 year old friend who has a 10 month old baby at home, but I have come to the realization that some things are best left to the contemplation of those with the time to devote to it. I do however have a new appreciation for the saying "When God closes one door he opens another" because the same day that God called Donna home Karen's brother Scott and his wife Gina were blessed by the birth of their daughter Elise Reid.

Little everyday miracles, that's what life is about. Sometimes I think we take them for granted and they are all around us, you just need to know how to look for them and where. Just having a day with my daughter, any day, every day, is priceless. She is my miracle, my heart and my breath; I can't imagine losing one moment with her.

That is how I will honor the memory of my friend, by trying as hard as I can to appreciate every second I have with her and Nat. To cherish the good, the bad and even the moments that you just wish would never have happened. The miracles only slip by if you let them and as of today I am going to be more active than ever in trying to catch them in the palm of my hand.




Just another Friday

No comments: