Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Play Date!

Today we had a little play group over for lunch and man do I love these days, Katie goes down for her nap like a rock! There were 8 of us here today Michelle, Mandy, Heather and I all graduated from high school together and we each had one child here (Mandy has two boys but her Chase is in school.) Baby Chase of course was the big hit, as he should be, and thankfully Katie let me have some good snuggle time with him.
It's funny how kids will naturally migrate to each other; Mark is 4, Makenzie is 2 and Katie is almost 1 yet somehow they find a way to play together and have a blast. Makenzie found some flash cards and Mark, who can read (yes he is 4!!), was reading them to the girls and then passing them around. Katie was basically chewing on the cards and watching but that still counts as participating, right? Kate hangs close to Makenzie when she's here so wherever one is the other is about two steps behind, it's nice and easy to keep track of them! I think everybody had a fun day, Katie was asleep about 5 minutes after Mandy and Mark left so I know she played her little heart out. I just enjoy seeing all of my friends as Mom's, kids are more fun to talk about than dumb TV shows and for sure a lot more amusing!

No comments: