Thursday, November 15, 2007

Takin' a little trip....

So today we went back to the NICU for a "Thank You" visit with all of Katie's old nurses. It was short, they are extremly busy, but sweet. Everybody remembered her and couldn't believe how big she was and that she was walking. It was strange but Katie was smiling the whole time she was there and went right to her old nurse Claudia and reached for her to pick her up. Upon being held she put her head down on Claudia's chest, just like a snuggle; she remembered her care. It was precious and reaffirms my belief that NICU nurses are Angels sent from Heaven!!

After our visit Katie and I made plans to go out for dinner, Nat is working late, but since it was only 3:45pm we had to waste some time so we decided to go to Ross and just look around. I had my camera and took video of Katie strolling through the store, she's a confident walker now, not too much stumbling. She really liked all of the mirrors and had to stop and look at herself when she walked by, I can't believe I have taught her vanity so young?! Anyhow we walked for about 30 minutes and then went to Chili's for some chow. I had a burger and ordered Katie chicken fingers but shocker of all shockers she only wanted what I had so we split a burger. It was fun, now bath time!!!!

No comments: