Thursday, April 03, 2008

Are we nuts?????

I'm going to start with the meat and potatoes; Nat and I have made the decision to give IVF another shot.

I'll let that sink in for a minute.........oh and yes, we must out of our collective mind to want to do this again, I'm in full agreement with everyone that is currently shaking their heads. (Feel free to call us names too!!)

Nat and I have been back and forth with adoption or trying again, paperwork or needles, cost financially or cost physically. The discussion has been ongoing for about 2 months and shockingly I have been the hesitant one, the one that has had sleepless nights and the one that's not too sure about having a second child. I question the little things like, will I have enough time and energy for Katie and will me being sick, presumably, scar her for life? If only I could know that I won't get sick again I think I would be a bit more on board, the chances of the Hyperemesis coming back is right around 75%.

That's not too promising.

The current plan is to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. We have scheduled meetings with my OB to decide what to do if and when I get sick again and my fertility doctor is keeping my medication the same as before so at least I know what to expect. We are also looking in to full-time day care for Katie if/when I get pregnant because Nat and I both know that if my Hyperemesis returns I am barely able to care for myself.

It all comes down to our desire to have another one and somehow I do want to do it all again. Loving Katie has somehow cast a spell on me?! Sure in hindsight it was all worth it but even thinking about how sick I was almost makes me nauseous and yes, I have been having flashbacks. I know I will feel better after meeting with my OB and Nat is 110% on board with doing everything and anything to help me get through this again.
So here we go again, the long blogs at 3am, the bruises from bad shots and the numerous hospital visits (go back to March 2006 for reminders!!). I'm still not 100% ready for this but ready or not, here I come!!!

Next up, Monday a HSG; Google it because I'm not going into it and Tuesday our visit with Dr. Jackson for a planning session. Let the thrice weekly doctors visits begin!!

Oh and before I forget, my neighbor Kristin has been nice enough to watch Katie and volunteer to watch Katie in the future for all of these doctors appointments. (YOU ROCK!) Hopefully I will be able to take Katie with me to some and not have to use up all of my good favor in one month but am I ever thankful that I'm surrounded by people that are genuinely committed to my plight. Thanks in advance to everybody that helps, prays and keeps me in their thoughts.....you must know by now that they are needed and appreciated!

No comments: