Thursday, January 14, 2010

Getting ready to dance....

Today while Katie was at school I went to the Jewish Community Center and signed her up for ballet! I can't believe she's finally old enough to take ballet, it seems like age 3 is the universal age requirement to participate in any sport or activity. Luckily Katie has a really good friend from school, Mya, who will be taking ballet with her; I would like to think that having a buddy will make it more fun and less scary.

After signing her up for the class I drove out to the eastern end of the county to the East Prospect Outlet to buy Katie some ballet outfits. I told her where I was going and she had only two requirements, no black leotards and she had to have pink shoes. That being said she ended up with one pink and one purple leotard a cute little skirt that matches both the pink and purple and pink ballet shoes (she had them on before I got the camera out).

Another thing that you might notice is that Katie's hair is a bit shorter, about 5 inches shorter. Yesterday while I was washing her hair she was fussier than usual about me working through her knots, something I have to do regularly, so mid-struggle I decided it was off with her hair! I pulled out an old tablecloth, grabbed a lollipop, scissors and a comb and 10 minutes later we have no knots and a cute little bob!






No comments: