Thursday, November 17, 2005

Fingers and Toes Are Crossed!

Good evening all, hummmm I guess it will be morning when you read this, so good morning! It is 11:30pm and I am wide awake, in bed, with nothing but the TV and laptop; I am already sick of the TV so I thought I would let you all know how the day went.

I'll begin by letting you that I thought I wasn't nervous this time around but at 3:30am last night I was wide awake, watching Cops, and trying to lure myself to sleep. I guess on some level it worked because the next time I looked at the clock it was 8am; TRANSFER DAY!!! Yippie!! I started my day with my usual shot of progesterone, a few assorted pills and a hot shower. Nothing out of the ordinary.

On advise from Amy Mishler, Nat and I took a different route to the doctors office this morning, maybe a change of perspective will shed new light on the outcome. We arrived early and to be honest I was a little relieved because I hadn't been drinking the amount of water that I should have been, you know trying to cheat the system. I changed in to that horrible hospital gown that never seems big enough to cover your butt and began taking sips of water when none of the nurses were around, I didn't want them to catch me breaking the rules.

They were running a little late this morning and I wasn't taken into the transfer room until about 11:15am. The first thing they do when you get in the room is lay you down on the table and do an ultrasound to check the fullness of your bladder and guess what?? All of my cheating finally caught up to me, boo. The ultrasound lady, Lisa, looked at me and shook her head; I knew that look. My bladder, and to a larger extent I, had failed the test. For the next 45 minutes I was slamming water down my throat in 8oz. portions, stupid small Styrofoam cups, and after no doubt making everyone in there want to kill me for ruining their lunch break, the transfer was back on.

I was given a shot of Versed, a muscle relaxer, and three embryos were transferred in to me with little discomfort. Once again when they had finished the transfer they tilted the table back and hung me upside down, not really but it felt like it, for 30 minutes. Last time we did this Nat and I read the newspaper and chatted, took the 30 minutes to discuss current events and bond a bit. This time, I fell asleep. I didn't just doze off, I was snoring and dreaming and then next thing I remember is Sue the nurse coming up beside the table and saying "Did she fall asleep?". Yes I did. I couldn't believe how out of it I was, the last time I made it through the 30 minute wait, the car ride home and lunch before I crashed. This time I don't think I even spoke on the car ride home, went straight to bed and woke up around 5:15pm. How strange is that?!

Anyhow, my timing was awesome because about 30 minutes after arising from my drug induced coma my dad showed up with some homemade mac and cheese, which was deliciously cheesy! Five minutes after my dad arrived my father-in-law showed up with two subs and some beef stew, courtesy of my mother-in-law and 10 minutes after that my mom showed up to keep me company and chat. I won't have to cook at all this week, yay for me!

So that was my day. Besides getting busted for not drinking enough water and snoring for the lucky staff at the clinic everything went really, really well. Unfortunately the rest of my day, sleeping and eating, don't really fill the pages so I'm going to have to end this entry. Back to watching Court TV and playing Sudoku...........

No comments: