Wednesday, November 15, 2006

1 Week Old!!



Katie is 1 week old today and getting bigger and cutier every day!
Tonight Katie's weight was up to 4lbs. 1.6oz which was a gain from the previous night. Her jaundice is on it's way down so she is off of the lights for now, if it goes up again she might have to "tan" a few more times, but we are hoping that she is done with jaundice. She is also pooping regularly now, which was a problem at first, and something that I never thought I would be rooting for. She also had a brain ultrasound done today, something they do for all preemies to make sure there are no brain bleeds, and her results came back tonight and everything looks great. So basically we are doing really well and that dumb little bruise on her head is finally starting to fade.
In my news I had my staples out today, which wasn't too bad except the last two pinched a bit. (there were 16 staples) I am getting back to normal with little to no pain and other than some little tweeks and twinges here and there; I feel pretty good. Nat is heading back to work tomorrow so I am a little nervous about having to do everything on my own in the NICU, he has been such a huge help it's like I'm losing two arms. Katie and I will manage somehow, things just might move a little bit slower.
Well it's been another long day so I am going to head to bed. I have a big day going solo tomorrow so I need my rest. I'll talk to you all soon..........

No comments: