Monday, November 13, 2006

New Pictures





Katie is doing well, she is having a little jaundice issue which is really common with preemies, but other than that she is hitting little milestones everyday. The first picture is of Katie in her isolet getting phototherapy under her "tanning" lights, it helps remove the billyruben in system and will get rid of the jaundice, the shades are so funny though we had to take a picture.

At last weigh in, last evening, she was 3lbs. 15.5 oz., which is down from the previous night, but once again we were assured by her nurse that in the first week of life drops and gains in weight are totally normal. (Even though mommy doesn't like it!) Everything else is going well with her health, no breathing issues at all, and she is breastfeeding like a champ which should help fatten her up even faster.

Nat is taking off of work until Wednesday, basically to keep an eye on my health and then he is heading back Thursday.(We were discharged from the hospital yesterday so no more nursing staff for help.) Wednesday is my staple removal day, which sounds as promising out loud as does in my head, after that I'm hoping that I am done seeing my OB/GYN for at least a week and will be on the road to recovery.

Ok well I am going to take a shower and get cleaned up to see my Katie for her 9am feeding. Today we skipped her 6am feeding for the first time since she was born, but we needed the sleep and I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I woke up at 5:45am. Having a preemie is a lot of work, worry, and stress and I don't think either of us were quite as prepaired as we thought. We will keep you all updated on her progress, with pictures and funny stories. Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers, other than being a little small Katie is as perfect as could be!

No comments: