Monday, November 27, 2006

She's Coming Home!!


Today is the big day, my baby is comin' home!!
Last night Katie hit her mark, she had to be 4lbs. 12 oz. to come home and she finally did it! We knew it was going to be either last night or tonight so we were jumping up and down that she picked the first opportunity given to her. As you can see she doesn't like being weighed too much, I think she has an opposition to being naked, but that's just a theory.
So after 19 or 20 days in the NICU Katie is ready to join her parents in a crazy new adventure, it's going to be fun and exhausting but we can't wait. It's such a relief to know that she is healthy and gaining weight and all of the nurses kept reassuring us that Katie was ready to go home, and they know when babies are ready.
We are really going to miss the nursing staff though, they were just down right awesome. Some people just fit their profession, you can't imagine them doing anything else, and everyone of the NICU nurses just fit perfectly into that category. I never once felt uncomfortable having to leave Katie because I knew that she was in the best place for her at the time, now the best place for her is at home learning to live away from beeping monitors and bright lights. It will be an adjustment for all three of us and one crazy cat.
Well sometime this afternoon, around 3:30pm-4pm, we will be bringing home a tiny, little bundle of joy. Trust me there will be photos, so keep checking back for updates. I'm so excited and jittery about Katie coming home that I woke up at 4:30am, stupid huh?, so I am going to try and fall back to sleep and take a snooze since it's my last opportunity in a very long while to do so. I will talk to you all soon!!!

No comments: