Monday, November 20, 2006

Katie's Upgrade!


Katie is out of her isolette and in a basinette!! This is big news for two reasons, one she can hold her own body temperature and two it's yet another step closer to bringing her home. She is doing really well in other areas as well, her weight tonight was 4lbs. 6.7 oz. which puts her back and a smidge beyond her birthweight. She has to be 4lbs. 12 oz. to come home so we don't have too much further to go. She hasn't had any more "bradys" since the 14th so we are assuming that she has grown out of them, fingers crossed, and in all other medical areas she is doing well enought that they are telling us that we should have her home "soon". YAY!!!

In other news things are getting back to normal for me, I am up and walking everywhere. I still get tired easily but I think that's par for the course after all that we have been through. I am usually in the NICU during the morning and right past lunch, home for a nap in the late afternoon and then back to the NICU with Nat for an evening feeding. We are both pretty wiped out by the time we get home so if you have called me or emailed me and I haven't gotten back to you in forever it's probably because I fell asleep when I had planned on calling you back, I'm a tad on the forgetful side too.

Ok well I am getting ready to hit the hay, it's 8:30pm and I can barely keep my eyes open. If I don't send anything before Thanksgiving enjoy your turkey!! We have a lot to be thankful for this year so we are going to enjoy the heck out of this one!

1 comment:

CJ said...

Congratulations!!!! She is sooooo cute!