Monday, March 10, 2008

Birthday Part 2!

I got to celebrate my birthday, again, this past weekend in "The Sweetest Place on Earth", Hershey!! Nat took me to the Hershey Hotel for a day at the spa, followed by dinner in the Circular Dining Room and then an overnight stay at the hotel.

The spa was wonderful, of course I've really never had a bad time at a spa. I had a 50 minute massage, followed by a relaxing snack by the fireplace in the Quiet room. I just sat in a big leather chair for about 30 minutes reading a magazine in complete silence, it was beyond awesome...

Nat and I then returned to our room to get ready for dinner only to find out that we had no hot water in our room and my parents, who were taking care of Katie, had lost electricity at their house! Luckily the maintenance man was up to our room to fix the plumbing within 10 minutes and Heather and Brandon, our friends across the street, were home to let my parents into our house for the night.

Small crisis averted!

Dinner was lovely, I had Organic Chicken breast with spinach and butternut squash and Nat had BBQ Buffalo Ribs. Obviously the dinner was secondary to the dessert so I made sure not to fill up on the main course, although they did have chocolate bread which was a monkey wrench that I wasn't planning on. (Nat kept yelling at me not to fill up on the bread!!) For dessert I had peanut butter pie, which wasn't a mousse like I have had before, it was thick and almost fudge like and has probably partially clogged an artery. Nat has a chocolate mousse pie, which looked good too, but since I didn't want to share I told him he didn't have to either. (I'm not big on sharing chocolate!!)

Oh and before dinner they presented me with the happy birthday chocolate covered strawberries in the picture below, yum................

It was a nice relaxing break, but as always I was glad to come home to my crazy baby!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: