Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fundraising Time!!!!

The day we brought Katie home from the NICU at 4 lbs. 12 oz.






This year Katie and I will be participating in the March of Dimes March for Babies. As most of you probably know the March of Dimes is the primary source of funding for research and support in the quest to lower the premature birth rate here in the US. When Katie was born 7 weeks early Nat and I were both overwhelmed, confused and scared and we had so many questions , too many to remember. Our NICU nurses had given us books and pamphlets from the March of Dimes and suggested we get online, blog and research.

What a find!

I can still remember the feeling of relief billowing over me as I read accounts of other babies being born "too soon" and growing into perfectly happy and healthy little kids. It gave me the assurance that I would one day be a mother to a crazy, caught up, toddler and *poof* here we are, nutty and on track.

If you would like to join Katie and I for a leisurely 3 mile walk on April 27th we would love the company and if you would like to donate to our cause we would absolutely appreciate it. I have set up an online page to facilitate easy donating: http://www.marchforbabies.org/suziburt

Thanks in advance for your support and if you know someone else in your area doing the walk, thank them from us........

No comments: