Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Happy, Happy, Joy-Joy!!

Well my doctor just called to give me the good news; out of the 15 eggs retrieved yesterday 10 were mature and all 10 have fertilized!! I am scheduled for my transfer tomorrow at 11:45am and I am super pumped! Tomorrow Dr. Filer will sit down with Nat and I before the procedure and discuss how many embryos he is going to transfer, we are thinking it will be two. The decision on the number is in the end ours alone to make, but once again I think I am going to defer to the people with all of the degrees.

As you can probably tell I am thrilled with the news. I'm very much looking forward to the transfer tomorrow and hopefully a positive beta, blood pregnancy test, in two weeks.

On a side note not totally unrelated, last night was my first shot in the butt from Nat. It wasn't as bad as we both thought it would be, he didn't pass out and I wasn't bleeding. Nat was really nervous, like I thought of pouring him a stiff drink before hand nervous. I was trying to calm him down by talking him through it and I guess I was just annoying him because he finally yelled, "Shut up and drop your pants." And that was it. It didn't hurt at all, although today it is a bit sore. Hopefully with a good heating pad and some hot baths the soreness will go away, but then again if I do end up pregnant he will have to do this for the next 10 weeks, my poor tush.

For now that's all I have. I will update everyone tomorrow on the status of the transfer. If you all remember my blog from the trial transfer you might remember the problem I had with keeping a full bladder, well game on again tomorrow. I am supposed to be there at 11:15am, the transfer is at 11:45am and it takes about 15-20 minutes for the procedure. You do the math, that's over 45 minutes with a full bladder, major problemo!!

Fingers and toes crossed people, I'll be excited with a full bladder tomorrow who knows what could happen!!!

No comments: