Sunday, September 11, 2005

A Great Way To Forget About Injections


Sorry about my tardiness. I promised a blog by Thursday and here it is Sunday and I'm just starting, but I have a good reason to be late. I swear I do, but I'll get to that later.

So this past Wednesday was my first round of bloodwork and ultrasound, the first of five. This coming week I will have four more rounds with the needle.

Don't be jealous.

Now that I started my newest injection, Follistim, I have to have my ovaries monitored constantly. With PolyCystic Ovaries there is a chance that you can hyperstimulate the little things and too many eggs develop too quickly and then they have to scrap the IVF for this month. I guess the constant surveillance of my ovaries is a good thing, and the bloodletting for that reason, I guess it's just another freakin' needle right?!

So far so good with the Follistim though; I'm four shots in and I don't think I'm having any side effects. In fact I think my mood has actually been lifted but who knows how temporary that could be. I'm also still on Lupron and still getting hot flashes. Hopefully tomorrow the doctor will tell me that the Lupron is over with, I'm so looking forward to waking up with dry clothes and being able to sit on my chenille couch again. Aah, the good old days.

Well as for my excuse for not getting anything done this weekend; it was Karen's wedding weekend!!! We had a blast! I honestly couldn't think of a better way to distract myself, from myself, than this wedding. The 80's band was slammin', the people were awesome and all of the bridesmaids were wild and crazy, just what the doctor ordered. I've never danced so much in my life; I also never purposely destroyed a bridesmaids dress either, but hey, that was what happened because it was too damn hot and the dress was too damn long. Woo-hoo!!

(Emotional Blogging)
It was so nice having my girlfriends around all weekend to talk to, I really miss that. A big part of growing up is moving on with your own life and it seems as though our lives have all gone in opposite directions and spread us across the eastern seaboard. I selfishly wish they would all move home just so we could continue our friendships the way they were in high school, back before husbands and now children. But things are different now, we have added new friends and made new relationships, we are married and we even have a new little baby to spoil. (Makenzine) Everything has changed and yet nothing has changed at all. We still have the same inside jokes, we still laugh at each other and we still turn to one another for reactions when something funny happens. I look at my girlfriends that have now become women through the same eyes but with a different focus. I cherish our memories, anticipate our futures and know that these friendships will always stay exactly the way they are, the way friendships should aspire to be, filled with love and laughter. Thanks for the memories.....

No comments: