Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Now All We Have to do is Wait

We are done with the fun stuff now, can you believe it!! Now is the dreaded 2 week wait, my pregnancy test isn't until October 4th, that seems eons away.

This morning, well it was really 11:15am, we went back to the Fertility Center. Remember how I cheated with the full bladder test the last time; well once a cheater always a cheater, I started drinking my water around 10:45am, that was when I was supposed to be done. But once again it worked; I have my cheating down to an art form. Nat was freaking out that I wouldn't have a full bladder in time, he of little faith! We got there a little early and they were all ready for us.

The first thing that happened when we got there was the run down from our doctor about the quality of our embryos and the number we wanted tranfered. Yesterday I was pretty positive that we were going to be transferring 2 and freezing the other 8; Nat and I had decided that would be our magic number. Well we were wrong. Dr. Filer suggested that we transfer 3; anybody else just jump a little there? He said with 3 we had a 50% chance of getting pregnant, and a 30% chance of twins. Triplets, please keep praying here, are a less than 5%; if we have triplets I am moving in with my parents or my inlaws. Could you imagine??

So we also got the grading system for our embryos. #1's were the best and #4's the worst; we had 7-#1, 2-#2 and 1#3. So three of the #1's were transferred in me today, let's go number 1's!!! All the others were frozen for siblings, unless triplets, I'm serious people this freaks me out a bit.

The actual procedure wasn't bad at all. Nat was allowed in to the room, which was a welcome change. First they gave me a shot of Versed, a mild muscle relaxer, right in the butt, of course. Then the tranfer was under way. It took about 15 minutes and then I had to lay on the table for another 30 minutes. The table was the star of the show, it was tilted backwards so my head was closest to the ground and my legs were up in the air. I figured that it had something to do with making the embryos enjoy their new home, but really I have no idea because all it did was make it impossible to read a magazine. After my 30 minutes was up we came for the start of my 24 hours of bed rest!!

The next time I am at the doctors office is on the 26th when they will be checking my progesterone level and then the 4th for the pregnancy test.

On the 4th we will be telling you, our friends and family, about the results of our test. In a normal pregnancy we would wait until we heard the heartbeat to let everyone know, but this is such a different situation. I feel that this situation warrants the celebration of being pregnant as soon as we hear, no matter what happens. You have all shared my ups and downs and I would like to continue sharing it all with you; you are my support system and I need friends and family more now than ever. I CAN'T BELIVE I HAVE TO WAIT 2 WEEKS!!!

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and if you are in the way of Rita, be safe!! Thanks for all of your continued prayers and support, we couldn't have gotten this far without it!

No comments: