Friday, September 16, 2005

It's Go Time!!

Today was my last ultrasound and round of bloodwork, which is good because I'm running out of non-bruised arm for them to use. I woke up this morning feeling the worst I have felt yet; I have back cramps, front cramps and now I seemed to have developed nausea. How awesome is that!!!

It is all worth it though because today I had 21 follicles, 10 on the right and 11 on the left. I am starting to feel like a farm animal, a chicken in fact, with all of my eggs. That is going to be it for me though, no more are developing, I have my trigger shot to loosen the follicles tomorrow. My retrieval is scheduled for Monday at 9am and just like all of my books said, I am sooooo ready.

The retrieval should take about 15-30 minutes and I will be in the recovery room for another 30-60 minutes. After that I will go home rest up and wait to hear how the eggs turned out. On Thursday I will go back in and have either 2 or 3 eggs implanted, we will have to wait to see the quality of the little guys to decide. My E2 level today was 1581, which is starting to border on high so my doctor also decided to put me on another drug, starting Monday, to make sure my ovaries still don't hyperstimulate. I'm not sure how they can do that if the follicles have all been removed, but she's the one with all of the degrees so I'll listen to her.

Ok well I am getting ready for my sister's bachelorette party, hopefully I can at least make it through dinner. Please think of me on Monday and keep me in your prayers and keep Nat in mind too, he has to deal with me after anesthesia!!!

Have a good weekend!!

No comments: