Monday, April 03, 2006

My Day

I'm home, in recovery mode, feeling not so great. I am more cramped up than I remember last time, and I'm having issues sitting up straight, makes the cramps worse? I have already taken some Tylenol extra strength about 4 hours ago, but I don't think that made too much of a difference so I'm going back to the bottle and hopefully find some relief. (like they promise)

Other than my current state of affairs, the day went along pretty well. I was supposed to be there at 9:30am and we got there a bit early and they took us in right away. I was nauseated all morning, nerves and lack of breakfast, so I'm glad that they whisked me right away rather than leave me festering in the waiting room. Once again they went over the procedure and had me put on that stupid hospital gown that never covers your butt and then weighed me for the anesthetist.

After about 15 minutes of signing my life away, literally, they took me in to the too cold transfer room and then the real fun began. I guess that was the point in the day when I should have been most anxious and nervous, but for some reason I was calm and I didn't even flinch too much when they started the IV line in my hand. Of course the anesthetist had a sense of humor, right before he jammed that needle in my hand he looked and me and said, "this won't hurt me a bit". It didn't hurt him at all, and only slightly bruised me. After the IV goes in they put the oxygen nose tube thing on and a finger pulse monitor and then the part where they say, "now you are going to feel a little sle......". I'm assuming they say sleepy, although I have never made it that far.

The next thing I remember is my doctor telling me how great I did, I was unconscious, what did I do break into a comic routine? I guess not going in to cardiac arrest or convulsions is doing well, so maybe I should pat myself on the back. After trying to keep my eyes open and listen to the doctor for what felt like ages, but was probably 1 minute, Nat was ushered back in to see me. The doctor informed us that he was able to extract 7 mature eggs from me, which was the same number they said I had on Friday. I don't remember what we talked about next but I do remember getting some peanut butter crackers and grape juice, you never forget the food!

After the doctor left and I finished my snack I was allowed to get dressed come home. I almost tipped over a few times while trying to redress, stupid anesthesia, but I did manage to clothe myself and we came home with no broken bones. As soon as I walked in the door I went straight to my room, took some Tylenol and fell asleep until 2pm. (We left the doctors office around 11am.)

When I woke up Sarah and new puppy Maddie came over to play. They stayed for about 30 minutes of fun, until I felt like crud again and had to lay down. I hope to be feeling better by tomorrow but right now I'm sore and tired. So back to bed with me, Nat is asleep right now, apparently taking care of me is exhausting, tomorrow I find out how many of the seven eggs fertilized and their quality. More tomorrow.....

No comments: