Tuesday, April 18, 2006

PREGNANT!!!!


After almost two years and 6 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's and 1 FET and a whole lot of aches and pains, a plus sign!!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!!!????

Nat and I are still letting it sink in and still keeping our fingers crossed. We are about 15 days pregnant, so not too much going on. My blood work, done yesterday, showed an HCG (human growth hormone) level of 89 which the doctors said was right on average and on Friday I return for another round of blood work to make sure my levels are still rising.

As for me, I'm just sleepy. I have doubled my Progesterone to keep my uterus happy and one of the side effects of the Progesterone is lethargy and man do I have that. I don't mind staying off of my feet right now, if it gives me a better chance of staying prego I'll do just about anything!

Now on to the most asked question, when will we know how many are in there? Well I think, and I'm not sure, that by eight weeks I will have my first ultrasound. Since this isn't a normal pregnancy, I will be considered "high risk" and will be in the doctors office more than normal prego's. Nat is positive that there is more than one in there, my mom told me this morning that she would be just fine with three, and Michelle told her husband that I was having quads. (No birthday gift for you!!)

As for me I still can't believe that it's happening. I still can't believe that it worked, all of this mad scientist stuff, the shots, the pills, the talking to my uterus, it worked! And to you, all of your prayers, words of encouragement, and positive thinking; can I get an "Amen"!! We still have a long road ahead but getting to this point is just a thrill and a miracle. (By the way did I tell you that I found out that I was pregnant on Easter Sunday and that my due date is Christmas Day.)

Well that's the best news I could muster up today, hehe. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, like I said we have a long road.

Side notes:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too Shannon, this is our month!!

Donna, you are in my prayers and I am hoping to hear only good things from your camp in the next few days. Your strength encourages me, keep fighting!!

No comments: