Friday, May 09, 2008

Messed up.

It's never boring here!

Yesterday Katie and I were outside talking to Heather as she was pulling out of the driveway on her way to work when Katie decided to try and turn and walk at the same time and since coordination doesn't run in our family, she went down right on her face.

What you see here is the resulting busted lip, what you can't see is the tooth that was pushed backward and the gums that spilt between her two front teeth. It was horrible, she was bleeding and wailing and I was frantically trying to calm her down so that I could check her out. Lucky for us our neighbors Scott and Sheri are a doctor and nurse, respectively, so I called them and made them come and check her out to see if she needed a stitch . Of course as soon as Scott looked at her she calmed down and I could see that the lip, although cut and beginning to swell, wasn't as bad as I thought. I felt like a panicky Mom but I think I know them well enough now that they won't judge, plus Sheri told me she would have freaked out at the sight of all of that blood too.

Nat walked in right about the time Scott got to the house and as fate would have it my last class of the semester was starting in 20 minutes so I had to part ways with my broke down baby and head into school. I spent 15 minutes on the phone today with a pediatric dentist who reassured me that although Katie might have a black tooth for a few years, her adult teeth should be fine. We are on a mushy diet for a few days while the nerves in her teeth heal and of course Motrin if she needs it, and yes she has needed it.

Well that is the excitement from here in York, it's never dull and I'm sure this little bundle of joy will in the end take 10 years off of my life expectancy........

Posted by Picasa

No comments: