Wednesday, May 14, 2008

They're Back....

The hot flashes have returned!!

I knew it wasn't going to be too long until the full effect of the Lupron stole my sleep, of course it would be the night after I took my final when I really wanted the sleep. I was really tired too, mentally and physically, I went to bed around 9:30pm and was totally out by 10pm (I don't remember how the show I was watching ended.)

Around 3:30am I looked at the clock and realized that I was a little warm so I kicked the blanket off of my legs and fell back to sleep for about 10 minutes. At 4am I looked at the clock and thought, hmmm.. was I just asleep? After thinking about that for a second I realized that I was hot, really hot. I guess I was in a daze because I distinctly remember taking my pj bottoms off thinking that would most likely cool me off and then realizing that my legs were dewy from sweat.

I sat up in bed and walked into the bathroom, passing the thermostat that told me it was 70 degrees in our bedroom, and splashed my face with cold water. That did two things, it cooled me down and also woke me up completely. Now it was 4:15am and I was wide awake listening to the newspaper delivery guy dropping off all of my neighbors newspapers while jamming away to music that was way too loud for the 4am hour. I then turned on the TV only to realize that even this History Channel runs infomercials in the wee hours, turned the TV back off and turned on the laptop. I surfed around the net for about 30 minutes, getting caught up with all of the celebrity gossip on TMZ and Perez, when I finally had a wave of exhaustion come over me and the feeling that my body might be cooled down enough to fall back to sleep for another hour or so, until Katie decided to wake me.

I would say around 5:15am I fell back to sleep, wishing that Nat were home to cover my morning duties so I could get an extra hour or so of sleep, but at 6:15am I was back up listening to Katie talk to "Bessie" her doll. Thank goodness Katie was good today because I was draggin' tail, I was all about letting the TV babysit her today! She went down for a nap around 9:30am and I was right along with her falling asleep to the lullaby CD playing in her room through the monitor.

After our naps we went out shopping and I was so not in the confrontational mood that I bought a Barbie just to keep her quiet while I roamed the aisles at BJ's. It did it's job and there were no breakdowns from either of us at the store, although there was a commotion when I made her choose between two Barbies, she wanted one for each hand. After we returned from the store Katie surprised me by taking another nice nap and giving me time to clean up from the day and take another mini-nap on the sofa. YAY KATE!!

Tonight Nat's parents came over to relieve me of some of my duties. Of course they played with her and Grandma gave Katie her bath, plus they brought dinner over for me so I got a night off from my usual Weight Watchers Meal. (Sure they're good, but not four nights in a row good!) God Bless Grandparents!!!

So now it's 8:10pm, Katie just fell asleep and I think I am going to hit the hay as well. I was hoping my final grade from my class would be posted by now, but I guess I will have to wait another day or two. Ugh. Nat comes home tomorrow, the crowd goes wild (YAY, YAY, YAY), so even if I sleep like crud again tonight I can make it through knowing that Friday morning Katie will be all about DADDY!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: