Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Having Fun

Yesterday afternoon we couldn't tell if it was warm enough to hit the pool or not, so Katie and I decided to head next door and see what Maddux and Sheri were doing. They have a nice backyard set-up so we were in luck, the baby pool was filled with golf balls and plastic softballs and there were toys everywhere. As a bonus Maddux had just figured out how to clap so he was clapping away, which in turn had Katie clapping, although she had no idea why anyone was clapping but just hopped on board with it. The only hitch in the play date was Katie's non-sharing approach to playing. UGH! It's getting really bad here, no one can touch her things, or their own things if Katie's interested, and if I suggest that she share something she throws a huge fit or says "bye-bye" and tries to leave the house of whoever we are visiting.

I guess it's all a phase but man is it horrible. I try to explain to her the whole sharing lesson, but I don't know if 1.) she's listening or 2.) she understands what "share" is. The thing that bothers me the most is that she is around Maddux all of the time, she knows his name "Maxux" and she points at his picture when we look at the old blog posts, so why does she melt down when he touches her stroller?! Does she really think he's going to steal it, break it and then laugh at her? I would love for someone to explain the toddler brain, why she can share her raisins with me, but not with anyone else and why she is so mistrusting of a little boy she obviously loves.

Parenting.......who knew it was so confusing?


Maddux giving Katie the "what-up" sign.


This is what I'm talking about when it comes to sharing, do you see that look in her eye? About 1 second after I snapped this picture Katie was crying and running towards the gate in the backyard and saying "bye-bye". Why; All because I told her to "be nice to Maddux and don't push him off of his chair". She can't even share toys that aren't hers!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: