Tuesday, July 15, 2008

YAY!!!

Grammy and Pop are home, YAY!!! My parents have been in Europe for three very long weeks and they finally returned to York last night, so bright and early Katie and I paid them a visit. As you can tell Katie was very happy to have her Grammy back and to celebrate the occasion she started to call her "Gammy". Until now she hasn't even attempted to call my Mother anything, she has called my Dad and Nat's dad both "pop" for a while now and last week I was pretty sure she called Nat's Mom "ga-mom", but as for my Mom it was always just a smile. Well this morning after a visit and trip to "Tumble Town", more about that in a minute, I took her home for a nap and as soon as she woke up she looked at me and said "Gammy?". I asked her if she wanted to go see Grammy and she said "Gammy" again, and then she continued to repeat it another 10 times in the car ride back to Grammy and Pop's house. It was all to exciting, we had to go back!!

In other news we did visit Tumble Town today for a very special play date with Tali. Tali's Mom Jen and I have known each other since 1st grade, we lived in the same neighborhood, had all of the same friends and even our siblings were all in the same grades (Liz and Jess, Sarah and Brooks). When my family moved out of the city in 1992 we sort of lost touch, even though we attended the same college, and I really didn't hear from her again. Flash forward to about two months ago when thought the magic of the Internet, ie. MySpace and Facebook, we reconnected and started sending each other emails and finding out about each others lives.

After a bunch of emails and pictures I was thrilled when I found out Jen was coming home for a week to visit her parents. She now lives in Ashville, NC with her husband and two little girls and the her eldest daughter Thalia (Tali), named after Jen's Mom, is only a few months older than Kate. Tumble Town was an easy meeting place and of course the girls LOVED it! Why wouldn't bouncing be fun for a reunion?!

It was great to see Jen and her girls, Addison is 3 months old and she has the most pinchable cheeks, and we both brought our Mom's along since they too were great friends. It's funny how 15 years disappeared within seconds and things that you remember about a good friend, a smile or a laugh are exactly the same as you recall. Of course we are older now, we have children and life has taken us in different directions but she's still the same Jen with the loud laugh, just like her Mother, and is still ready with a funny story just when the conversation begins to lull. I had fun, and so did our Mothers and our Daughters.......three generations of friends.

Tali and Katie in the ball pit, no they weren't eating the balls this time!!

I tried to get them to both look at the camera at the same time, duh.....why would that ever work?!

Katie making her way up the stairs....

Posted by Picasa

No comments: