Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Race For The Cure


It's FUNDRAISING TIME AGAIN!!!!


This year on Sunday October 19th Katie, Nat and I will be participating in Komen Maryland Race For the Cure in Hunt Valley, Md. I know what you're thinking, why Maryland?, well it just happens to be the closest race to us and convienience happens to be important when you have an almost 2 year old!!

This race is very personal for me, as you all know I lost a close friend last year to Breast Cancer. Donna was only 34, she left behind a daughter Gabrielle who is two weeks younger than Kate, and a husband of less than 3 years. I made a promise to myself to do one little thing for our young daughters, and for all mothers, sisters, daughters and friends..... I would walk.
I will walk to raise money for a cure, I will walk to remember a friend, I will walk to be inspired by the survivors surrounding me and I will walk because I made a promise to my friend, that her plight would not be forgotten by me. So I will walk, because I can, and I extend and welcome anyone and everyone who is able to join me.
Race information is available by clicking on the icon on the top, right hand corner of my blog. Obviously something is quirky with the icon because I obvioulsy am not personally raising 4 million dollars, but I am taking donations (don't feel like you have to!!).
Thanks again and I hope to see some friends and family bright and early October 19th!!!!


No comments: